Sunday, July 24, 2011

Rafiki Rwanda Village- Day 7 (Sunday)

Today is Sunday and I was soooo excited about going to church with the kids & their Mama's!  We met the precious group outside the Dining Hall at 7:45 and walked over to the church with them all.  What a wonderful blessed walk it was!  I had both hands filled with kids and was told how "smart" I looked ("Smart" means "Pretty", so I guess all the times I told the little ones how smart they were when they answered questions correctly, I was telling them how pretty they were...hope the boys weren't too offended :)!)


Enid is in the pink & yellow.  Hope is to the left of her.  Little cutie-pies!


Will has one in each hand.


Adam is such a goofy one... boys will be boys!  Medi is the striking cutie behind Adam.














Rev 7:9 "After this I looked and there was before me a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb."



















Beautiful day, beautiful kids, beautiful service!  Love worshipping with my new American and African friends!

The children were very well behaved and they performed a song for us-- many stanzas and did a fantastic job.  They all looked adorable in their church clothes & I had so much fun walking back and forth with them.  Always had one in each hand and Enid's hand was often one of them!

At lunch we went to a little local restaurant in Nyamata called The Black & White Cafe.  They serve only 2 items and there are no menus...you hold up how many fingers for Brochette and how many for Chips.  The Brochette is goat and the chips are home style fried potatoes.  I was most interested in the garnish... raw slivered cabbage, sliced tomato, onion and mayo.  I swapped my Brochette for Will's raw veggies--- good trade.  Doug told me he'd eaten the raw food at that restaurant with no tummy issues, so I decided to risk it!



Before the meal was served we played a fun new card game called "Oh heck".  Barb consistently bid too high & was the big loser of the day.  She and Will were both tied for last place, but he pulled ahead at the end.  It was all very fun and we laughed a lot... especially Barb.  She is a great sport!
Mike was the overall winner, w Vicky (his wife) coming in only 1pt behind him.  Tough loss!
Fun times!

In the afternoon, I walked around campus and took some pics and played with kids.  Then, we had dinner with our NEW assigned family, which for me was Mama Judith... YAY!  Enid's table!  I got to sit by Enid and it was a fun meal!

Very refreshing weekend... Thank you God for the refreshment that you so generously give!



No comments:

Post a Comment