Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rafiki Rwanda Village- Day 4

Wake-up at 6am again... (tired today!!)

Devotionals at 7:30.
I started video taping the Rwandan hymns on my Flip so we could have Mike strip the audio out & use the music as background to future powerpoints.

Listen to this beautiful music:




Started cleaning the teeth of the Mama's & their Pre-school kiddos today---so, in-between prepping & sterilizing equip for the dental clinic, I was able to begin working with Joy, the Asst Children's Director of the Village.  She is Rwandan and has some of the best English skills in the village, which she puts into use as village interpreter often during devotionals.

In addition to the dental clinic, our room was the happening place today... it was also a computer training room & scrapbook/sponsor card room.  3 big projects in one room!

I began training Joy in Excel about 10am and we spent our time merging multiple sources of data into one list of relatives for each of the children.

Barb and Mama Judith worked on identifying all the pictures for Sponsor cards and the kid's scrapbooks. 

Yay for Joy!  By the day's end-5pm-ish, she had learned how to insert rows; highlight cells & copy and paste functionality. 




Tonight was the last night to go to Mama Marie's cottage in the evening (evening cottage visits are Mon-Thur).  We had the most wonderful time---30 min of singing & dancing and praise songs... then a sweet sweet time of prayer.  Mary allowed me to take many videos of her girls performing.  These are such a treasure!  Can't wait to show my family.



I love these kids--each one is so special and has captured a piece of my heart!

Father Abraham... just like I used to sing with my own kids!



This one makes me tear up each time I see it!!!



This is the way the girls end the evening-- by singing "goodnight" & blowing kisses to God, to Mama and to any visitor (Auntie or Uncle.. in the case here, they are saying "Auntie Audrey").
Marie is such a special lady!  Lord, please continue to bless Marie & be her strength and give her your wisdom as she raises these little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment